Los Gatos Union School District parcel tax, Measure E (June 2008)
Measure E imposed a parcel tax of $290 a year for six years, extending a similar parcel tax that had been in effect in the district since 1990. The parcel tax that began in 1990 was extended in 1994 by 82%, in 1998 by 80% and in 2002 by 75%.
A 2/3rds supermajority vote was required for approval.
- These final, certified, election results are from the Santa Clara County elections office.
The question on the ballot:
|Measure E: "Local Elementary and Middle School Academic Excellence Measure. To support high academic achievement for local students by retaining quality teachers, keeping small class sizes, and maintaining science, literacy, art, music and other programs, shall the Los Gatos Union School District be authorized to renew its expiring parcel tax of $290 per year per parcel, for six years, without increase, with an exemption available for senior citizens and disabled persons, with citizen oversight, and every dollar staying in Los Gatos schools?"|
- Additional information about Measure E
- School parcel tax will appear on June 3 ballot as Measure E
- School taxes get push from state cuts
- Local bond measures
- Voters to consider bond, parcel tax measures on June ballot (dead link)
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found