|U.S. House, Texas, District 4|
|Birthday||December 29, 1949|
Gigliotti attended American University. He then earned his teaching certificate and his BA in Mathematics from Alfred University. Gigliotti is a former teacher and boxer. He is currently the owner of LG Motorsports Incorporated.
Gigliotti's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Government spending is out of control. Neither party has the will to stop this. Since 1980, our national debt has risen from $1 Trillion to $15 Trillion in 2011. Career politicians are not willing to cut anything meaningful."
- Immigration and Border Control
- Excerpt: "Border Control is necessary for the orderly immigration of new citizens into America. The USA was built on orderly, legal immigration — not what is going on today."
- Excerpt: "How much is enough? There has to be a fair tax or sales tax to replace our current income tax system. Legitimate functions of government that do not exceed 18% of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) are sustainable and justified."
- Second Amendment Gun Rights
- Excerpt: "This right should not even be in question, but that is why we need new strong representatives who understand and abide by the Constitution. Our current crop of Representatives is soft in many areas. They are more interested in “working across the aisle” than working within the Constitution."
- Energy, Oil, Gas, Coal
- Excerpt: "Why would a government get in the way of America’s greatest natural assets? The Energy department has gotten in the way of harvesting our natural resources (as does the EPA). The bureaucratic nonsense must stop and the government must get out of the way."
- Excerpt: "I am pro-life. How is it that a Florida sea turtle egg is more important to the federal government than a human fetus? If you break a sea turtle egg, you are committing a crime, but if you perform an abortion, you get a check from the government via Planned Parenthood?"
- Term Limits
- Excerpt: "I pledge to introduce a term limit bill immediately that will limit a Congressman to 6 years (3 terms) and a Senator to 12 years (2 terms). This will stop the lifetime legislators who are the root of our Washington, DC problems."
Gigliotti and his wife, Karen, have two children.
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
Public Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Sunshinereview:Texas school districts A - L |
Sunshinereview:Texas school districts M - Z |