Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Eastern Judicial Circuit, Georgia|
|Past position:||Law Clerk, Georgia Superior Courts|
|Past position 2:||Attorney in private practice|
|Law School:||University of Georgia|
|Candidate for:||Eastern Judicial Circuit|
|Election information 2014:|
Abbott was admitted to the Georgia Bar in 1982. She began her career as a law clerk for judge Avant Edenfield, judge of the United States District Court. After that, she worked in private practice, and then clerked for Chief Judge Perry Brannen, Jr. of the Georgia Superior Court.
- See also: Georgia judicial elections, 2014
| Abbot ran for re-election to the Eastern Judicial Circuit, Georgia.
General: She won without opposition in the general election on May 20, 2014.
- Main article: Georgia judicial elections, 2010
Awards and associations
- 2004: Woman of Achievement award from the Oglethorpe Business & Professional Women's Club
- 2004: Justice Robert Benham Award for Community Service
- 2002: Joseph T. Tuggle, Jr. Professionalism Award from the Family Law Section of the Bar
- 1993: Distinguished Service Award from the Savannah Jaycees
- 1993: Robert E. Robinson Award from the Younger Lawyer's Section of the Savannah Bar Association
- Past-president, Savannah Bar Association
- Past-president, Georgia Bar Foundation
- Former member, Georgia Commission on Dispute Resolution (member for 6 years)
- Member, Georgia Child Support Commission
- Chairperson, Uniform Rules Committee of the Council of Superior Court Judges
- Past-president, Rotary Club of Savannah
- Former member, United Way Board
- Former member, Board of Curators for the Georgia Historical Society
- Past Chairperson, Chatham Savannah Citizen Advocacy Board
- Administrative Office of the Courts, "Superior Court Directory," accessed May 4, 2014
- Martindale, "Louisa Abbott profile," accessed March 1, 2013
- Chatham Courts, "The Honorable Louisa Abbot," accessed March 1, 2013
- Georgia Secretary of State, "2014 Qualifying Candidates List," accessed March 19, 2014
- Georgia Secretary of State, “Statewide Election Results,” May 20, 2014
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Non-Partisan Candidates on the November 2, 2010 General Election Ballot"
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Superior Court Judge Race Results," November 2010