Louisiana Ethics Administration Program
The Louisiana Ethics Administration Program is led by a nine person State Ethics Board.
Selection of members
Two members are selected by the Louisiana House of Representatives, two are selected by the Louisiana State Senate, and the remaining five members are picked by the Governor of Louisiana. The Governor's list comes from recommendations from Louisiana's private colleges and universities.
Campaign finance discipline
If any person feels if a candidate or a committee may be in violation of Louisiana campaign finance laws, the first step is to file a complaint with the Supervisory Committee of the Louisiana Ethics Administration Program. It is up to the Supervisory Committee on a two-thirds vote to approve all investigations before proceeding on any further action.
If someone is found in violation of Louisiana campaign finance law, the Ethics Administration Program can impose a monetary fine for civil violations through a civil court action which is the main jurisdiction of the Ethics and Administration Program. All criminal violations are referred to the Louisiana Attorney Generald.
- ↑ [http://www.ethics.state.la.us/BoardMembers.aspx Louisiana Ethics Administration Program "Louisiana Board of Ethics and The Supervisory Committee for Campaign Finance"]
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 [Confirmed details on 4-6-2010 with LA Ethics and Administration Program Staff]
- ↑ Louisiana Legislature "Louisiana Revised Statutes"(Referenced Statute 18:1511.2(A) 1, Louisiana Revised Statutes)
- ↑ Louisiana Legislature "Louisiana Revised Statutes"(Referenced Statute 18:1511.4(A), Louisiana Revised Statutes)
- ↑ Louisiana Legislature "Louisiana Revised Statutes"(Referenced Statute 18:1511.5(A) 1,(B) Louisiana Revised Statutes)
- ↑ Louisiana Legislature "Louisiana Revised Statutes"(Referenced Statute 18:1511.6(A)-(B) Louisiana Revised Statutes)
State of Louisiana
Baton Rouge (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | State Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Forestry | Secretary of Natural Resources | Executive Director of the Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Public Records Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Parishes |
List of Cities |
List of School Board Districts |