Louisiana State Senate honors fallen soldiers
By Tyler King
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana: The Louisiana State Senate held its 9th Annual Military Family Day on May 7 to honor Louisiana fallen heroes and their families. The following Louisiana military members were honored with a resolution read by Senator Robert Adley, a veteran of the Vietnam War, in the Senate Chamber:
- Louisiana Army National Guard Sergeant Michael Norbert Perry, Jr.
- United States Navy Air Crewman Joseph "JP" Fitzmorris
- United States Marine Lance Corporal Esrom "Izzy" Joseph
- Louisiana Army National Guard Sergeant Kevin Weiner
- United States Marine Sergeant Michael J. Guillory
- Louisiana Army National Guard Specialist Ryan Michael Delrie
- Air Force Technical Sergeant Larry Dolan Bunn
- Army Chief Warrant Officer Bryan J. Henderson
- Army Lieutenant Colonel Don C. Faith, Jr.
A total of 180 fallen military personnel from Louisiana have been honored by the Senate since 2005. Families of the fallen soldiers receive the resolution along with a state flag.