Louisiana Temporary Legislators Act, Amendment 3 (2008)
|Amendment 3 (2008)|
Election Results via:Louisiana Secretary of State
The measure enacted the following provisions:
- Change Article III, Section 4(F) of the Louisiana Constitution to require the legislature to "prompt[ly]" provide for temporary successors for legislators ordered to active duty in the military.
Notable arguments made in support of the measure included:
- Taxpayers continue to pay the salary of a legislator regardless of whether they are present or on active duty. If a temporary successor was appointed as called for in the proposed amendment, the salary would be transferred to the successor.
None Yet Identified
- Louisiana Ballot Measure Guide 2008 (dead link)
- Louisiana 2008 Louisiana Election Results
- Louisiana 2008 Ballot Measures
State of Louisiana
Baton Rouge (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | State Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Forestry | Secretary of Natural Resources | Executive Director of the Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Service Commission |