|South Dakota Secretary of Agriculture|
|May 2013 - Present|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed by||Gov. Dennis Daugaard (R)|
|Bachelor's||South Dakota State University|
|Service/branch||South Dakota National Guard|
Lentsch currently serves on the South Dakota Agricultural and Rural Leadership Board of Directors and has been a financial advisor for farm and ranch families with Reinke Gray Wealth Management since 2012. Before that he served as director of agricultural development for the South Dakota Department of Agriculture for two years. He also served for two years as executive director of the South Dakota Republican Party.
Lentsch is a veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom. He was awarded the Bronze Star for meritorious service.
- Bachelor's Degree, Dairy Manufacturing, South Dakota State University
- Graduate, South Dakota Agricultural and Rural Leadership Inc.
South Dakota Secretary of Agriculture (2013-present)
Lentsch was appointed as South Dakota Secretary of Agriculture in April 2013 by Gov. Dennis Daugaard. “Lucas Lentsch will be a great Secretary of Agriculture. He is well-known across the state and well-respected in the ag community. Lucas will be an effective advocate for South Dakota’s farmers and ranchers,” Daugaard stated.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Lucas + Lentsch + South + Dakota + Agriculture"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- South Dakota Department of Agriculture, "SDDA Divisions," accessed July 6, 2013
- Cedar Valley Business, "Waterloo native named South Dakota ag secretary," April 3, 2013
- Aberdeen News, "Lucas Lentsch named to state ag post," April 5, 2013
- Brookings Radio, "Ag Sec. Walt Bones to retire, Lucas Lentsch is his replacement," April 4, 2013
|South Dakota Secretary of Agriculture
| Succeeded by|