|North Carolina Utilities Commissioner|
|April 12, 2010 - June 30, 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed||April 12, 2010|
|Appointed by||Gov. Bev Perdue (D)|
|North Carolina House of Representatives|
|2003 - April 2010|
|Place of birth||Louisburg, North Carolina|
Allen was born in Louisburg, North Carolina. She attended Duke University and Meredith College, graduating from Meredith College with a B.A. in English. After college, she taught middle school language arts and served for eight years on the Franklin County Board of Education.
Allen served as Mayor of Louisburg for 16 years, and owns and operates the town's municipal electric system. In 2002, she was elected to the North Carolina House of Representatives and served four consecutive terms.
- B.A., English, Meredith College
North Carolina Utilities Commission (2010-2013)
State House of Representatives (2003-2010)
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 49, 2008|
|Democratic||Lucy Allen Incumbent||58.6%||19,598|
Comprehensive donor information for Allen is available dating back to 2002. Based on available campaign finance records, Allen raised a total of $485,096 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 21, 2013.
In 2008, Allen collected $87,390 in donations.
These were the largest contributors in 2008.
|NORTH CAROLINA DEMOCRATIC PARTY||$10,008|
|CITIZENS FOR HIGHER EDUCATION||$8,000|
|NORTH CAROLINA PORK COUNCIL||$2,750|
|CONSERVATION COUNCIL OF NORTH CAROLINA||$2,500|
Allen has three sons and three grandsons.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Lucy + Allen + North + Carolina"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina Public Utilities Commission
- Allen's official biography
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- Allen resigns from House
- Ncuc.commerce.state.NC.us, "NCUC Commissioner Allen," accessed September 23, 2011
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2008 General Election Results," accessed August 14, 2014
- "2008 campaign contributions"
- Follow the Money, "Career fundraising for Lucy Allen," accessed May 21, 2013
- 2008 contributions
|North Carolina Utilities Commission
April 12, 2010 - 2013
| Succeeded by|
|North Carolina House of Representatives
2003-April 12, 2010
| Succeeded by|