For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Arizona Corporation Commission|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||August 26, 2014|
|Arizona House of Representatives District 1|
Mason is an architectural illustrator. She has also worked as a technical illustrator for NASA Lunar Landing Missions and is a small business owner.
Mason is a member of the Children's Council, Yavapai Combined Trust Board Chair, founding member of the Yavapai County Education Foundation and Youth Count.was a Republican candidate for Arizona Corporation Commissioner in the 2014 elections.
Arizona House of Representatives (2003-2011)
- Environment Committee, Arizona House of Representatives
- Water and Energy Committee, Arizona House of Representatives (Chair)
Mason's sponsored bills include:
- HB 2069 - school choice scholarships; failing schools
- HB 2335 - improvement districts; renewable energy
- HB 2339 - electric utility renewable energy standards
- HB 2400 - partial-birth abortions; definition
For a full listed of sponsored bills see the House website.
Mason ran for election to the office of Arizona Corporation Commissioner. Mason unsuccessfully sought the Republican nomination in the primary election on August 26, 2014. The general election took place November 4, 2014.
Primary election - August 26, 2014
|Arizona Corporation Commission, Republican Primary (Elect 2), 2014|
|Election Results via Arizona Secretary of State.|
|Arizona Corporation Commission|
|Poll||Doug Little||Tom Forese||Lucy Mason||Vernon Parker||Undecided||Margin of Error||Sample Size|
August 19-20, 2014
|Note: The polls above may not reflect all polls that have been conducted in this race. Those displayed are a random sampling chosen by Ballotpedia staff. If you would like to nominate another poll for inclusion in the table, send an email to|
Mason was ineligible to run for re-election in 2010 due to the term limits of the Arizona House of Representatives.
Mason raised $2,311 for the campaign, Tobin raised $20,630, and Grittner raised $21,457.
|Arizona State House, District 1 (2008)|
|Lucy Mason (R)||55,861|
|Andy Tobin (R)||52,819|
|Dennis Grittner (D)||36,669|
Below are Mason's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|AZ Assoc of Realtors||$600|
|Stan O Barnes Jr.||$390|
|AZ Dental Assoc||$390|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Lucy + Mason + Arizona + Corporation + Commission"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Arizona House of Representatives - Representative Lucy Mason
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Arizona Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Candidate Full Listing," June 19, 2014
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Mason
- Arizona Secretary of State, "Official 2008 General election results," accessed April 7, 2014
- Follow The Money, "Arizona House spending, 2008," accessed April 7, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions," accessed November 20, 2014
|Arizona State House District 1
| Succeeded by|