|Nebraska State Senate District 16|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$123/day for those living 50+ miles from capitol, otherwise $46/day|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||2 four-year terms|
|Bachelor's||University of Nebraska|
|Place of birth||Lincoln,NE|
Brasch has worked at the Nebraska Department of Revenue and as a farmer.
Brasch earned her BS in English literature/political science at University of Nebraska.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Brasch served on the following committees:
|Nebraska Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Natural Resources, Vice Chair|
|• Transportation and Telecommunications|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Brasch served on these committees:
|Nebraska Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• General Affairs|
|• Government, Military and Veterans Affairs|
Brasch's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Taxes and government spending are too high. Nebraskans are faced with skyrocketing property taxes and I will work aggressively to rein in government spending and oppose tax increases."
- Excerpt: "I will fight to protect our communities and advocate for policies that will help our local economies grow and prosper."
- Excerpt: "I am proud to be pro-life, will fight to protect lives of all ages and am the ONLY candidate in the District 16 Legislative race to be endorsed by Nebraska Right to Life."
- See also: Nebraska State Senate elections, 2010
|Nebraska State Senate, District 16 General election (2010)|
Comprehensive donor information for Brasch is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Brasch raised a total of $52,236 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 22, 2013.
|Lydia Brasch's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Nebraska State Senate||$12,215|
|2010||Nebraska State Senate||$40,021|
|Grand Total Raised||$52,236|
Brasch won election to the Nebraska State Senate in 2010. During that election cycle, Brasch raised a total of $40,021.
|Nebraska State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Lydia Brasch's campaign in 2010|
|Ricketts, J. Peter||$3,000|
|Nebraskans For Fiscal Accountability||$1,998|
|Nebraska Cooperative Council||$1,500|
|Tompkins Development, Inc.||$1,000|
|Nebraska Bankers Association||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$40,021|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Lydia + Brasch + Nebraska + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Brasch and her husband, Lee, have two children.
- Lydia Brasch's official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- List of 2010 candidates for Nebraska Legislature
- May 11, 2010 primary election results
|Nebraska State Senate District 16
| Succeeded by|