For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|North Dakota House of Representatives District 12|
|1978 - 2012|
|Per diem||Up to $1,040/month for lodging|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||University of North Dakota, Ellendale|
|Master's||Moorhead State University|
Hanson is a retired teacher. He earned his B.S. from University of North Dakota, Ellendale, and his M.S. from Moorhead State University.
Hanson and his wife, Betty, have two children.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Hanson served on the following committees:
- Education Committee, North Dakota House of Representatives
- Energy and Natural Resources Committee, North Dakota House of Representatives
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Hanson served on the following committee:
Hanson ran in the 2012 election for North Dakota Senate District 12. Hanson and Jessica Haak ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 12. Haak and Looysen defeated Hanson and Hall in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Dakota House of Representatives, District 12|
|Lyle Hanson (D-NPL)||3,597|
|Joe Kroeber (D-NPL)||3,782|
|Dallas Rosin (R)|
In 2008, Hanson collected $3,200 in donations.
These were the largest contributors in 2008.
|NORTH DAKOTA LIGNITE COUNCIL||$1,000|
|BOILERMAKERS LOCAL 647||$500|
|NORTH DAKOTA ASSOCIATION OF RURAL ELECTRIC COOPERATIVES||$400|
|NORTH DAKOTA ASSOCIATION OF TELECOMMUNICATIONS COOPERATIVES||$400|
NDPC: North Dakota Legislative Review
The North Dakota Policy Council, a North Dakota-based nonprofit research organization which describes itself as "liberty-based", published the North Dakota Legislative Review, a comprehensive report on how state legislators voted during the 2011 legislative session. The scorecard seeks to show how North Dakota legislators voted on the principles the Council seeks to promote. The Council recorded and scored votes on both spending bills and policy bills, and awarded points accordingly. Policy issues voted upon included income tax cuts, pension reform, and government transparency. On spending legislation, the Council accorded a percentage score based on how much spending the legislator voted against. On policy legislation, scores range from the highest score (100%) to the lowest (0%). A higher score indicates that the legislator voted more in favor of the values supported by the Council. Hanson received a score of 5.19% on policy legislation and voted against 3.50% of state spending. Hanson was ranked 87th on policy and 59th on spending, out of 94 House members evaluated for the study.
- North Dakota House of Representatives - Rep. Lyle Hanson
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2000, 1998
- Rep.Hanson State Surge (timed out)
- Project Smart Vote, "Rep. Hanson
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election results," accessed May 13, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2012 General Election results," accessed May 13, 2014
- North Dakota House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- Follow the Money, "2008 Campaign contributions," accessed May 13, 2014
- North Dakota Policy Council, "The North Dakota Legislative Review - 2011," accessed January 20, 2014
- North Dakota Policy Council "2011 North Dakota Legislative Review Rankings," accessed January 26, 2014
State of North Dakota
List of North Dakota ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Game and Fish | Commissioner of Labor | Public Service Commission |