Lyle L. Williams
|Wyoming House of Representatives, District 18|
|Place of birth||Washington State|
|Profession||Auto mechanic, farmer, oil and gas industry|
was a 2014 Republican
candidate for District 18
of the Wyoming House of Representatives
Williams was a 2012 Republican candidate for District 14 of the Wyoming State Senate.
Berry's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "The federal government's "no child left behind," one size fits all approach to education makes the best case for keeping the federal government out of education all together. It also shows the wisdom of our founders who granted no authority whatsoever over education to the federal government. Public schools can be a great resource for educating many, even a majority, of our young people and should be provided with the resources they need to do so. But they aren't the only resource and in some cases not the best one."
- Excerpt: "A woman's body is her own and her sovereignty over it is absolute. When she voluntarily engages in sexual activity and that activity results in the creation of someone elses body, that one isn't her's and has the same right to protection hers does."
- Excerpt: "The founders meant, and the Supreme Court has affirmed, that the right to keep and bear arms is a personal, individual and unalienable right."
- Excerpt: "All of our natural resources, energy more than most, should be available for responsible development by the private sector."
- Excerpt: "The family is not a governmental institution and the government should not be involved in family issues. ...At it's best, the family is a religious, covenantal institution and at the very least, it is a societal one designed to provide the safest and most stable environment for the rearing of children. ...I would support an amendment telling the government, whether it be federal or state, that it cannot redefine marriage to include anything other than a relationship between a man and a woman."
- Excerpt: "In the realm of food safety, the government's role is to prevent fraud, not to protect me from myself or to make decisions for me. ...Food safety regulations in general are designed more to protect the health of the market share enjoyed by Con Agra or Tyson than they are the health of consumers. ...I firmly believe in the intelligence and wisdom of the people of Wyoming and in their ability to make rational decisions when it comes to what is on their dinner table."
- Excerpt: "First, restrict government at all levels to the Constitutionally appointed powers it possesses. ...Second, to the maximum extent possible, fund each program through users fees instead of taxes. ...Third, use zero based budgeting."
- Excerpt: "Liberty means the freedom to do what WE want, not what the GOVERNMENT wants, as long as we don't infringe on other's rights to do the same. Notice that all of these rights are the right to DO something, not the right to HAVE or RECEIVE something. This is because in order for me to receive something, it must be taken from someone else. Therefore, there is no right to healthcare."
- See also: Wyoming House of Representatives elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Wyoming House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 19, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was May 30, 2014. Michele Irwin ran unopposed in the Democratic primary. Fred Baldwin defeated Lyle Williams in the Republican primary. Irwin will face Baldwin in the general election.
|Wyoming House of Representatives, District 18 Republican Primary, 2014
| Lyle Williams
- See also: Wyoming State Senate elections, 2012
Williams ran in the 2012 election for Wyoming State Senate, District 14. Williams was defeated by incumbent Stan Cooper in the August 21st primary election.
|Wyoming State Senate, District 14 Republican Primary, 2012
Stan Cooper Incumbent
| Lyle Williams
Williams is married, has six children, and four grandchildren.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Lyle+ Williams + Wyoming + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Lyle Williams News Feed