Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Montana House of Representatives, District 96|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Hellegaard's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "I will be EFFECTIVE by working to give education dollars to teachers – not to bureaucracies."
- Excerpt: "...I will be EFFECTIVE in fighting to reduce taxes for Montanans and do everything I can to encourage businesses to move to Montana bringing better paying jobs with them."
- Excerpt: "...We need a long term, responsible EFFECTIVE strategic plan to deal with these proposed cuts in services and that plan should consider Montana’s current budget surplus."
- Excerpt: "...we need to develop an EFFECTIVE and responsible natural resource and manufacturing plan for Montana that includes good paying jobs, a broad tax base and secures Montana as a place where our children can have career and raise their families."
- Excerpt: "Our federal government continues to take our land as federal parks or memorials, put unsustainable unfunded mandates on state budgets and impose regulations in direct contrast to Montana values."
Elections for the office of Montana House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 10, 2014; minor party and independent candidates had until June 2, 2014, to file. District 98 incumbent Andrew Person was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Lyn Hellegaard was unopposed in the Republican primary. Incumbent Carolyn Squires (D) is not seeking re-election.
Hellegaard ran in the 2012 election for Montana House of Representatives, District 94. Hellegaard ran unopposed in the June 5 primary election and was defeated by incumbent Ellie Hill (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Montana House of Representatives, District 94, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Ellie Hill Incumbent||64.1%||3,271|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Lyn + Hellegaard + Montana + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Montana House of Representatives
- Montana House of Representatives District 96
- Montana House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Montana State Legislature
- Campaign website
- Biography from the Montana Republican Party
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Lyn Hellegaard for HD 94, "Issues," accessed October 17, 2012
- Montana Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Filing List: Legislative," accessed April 9, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2012 Legislative General Election Canvass," accessed February 13, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2012 Legislative Primary Election Canvass," accessed February 13, 2014
State of Montana
List of Montana ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Director of the Department of Revenue | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Securities and Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources and Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Public Service Commission |