|Washington House of Representatives, District 35b|
|Mason County Commissioner, District 1|
|2005 - Present|
|Bachelor's||Sociology, University of Puget Sound, 1970|
|Master's||School of Education, Seattle University, 1983|
|Ph.D.||Ed.D., Education/organizational behavior and change, Seattle University, 1991|
Ring-Erickson's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "With dwindling state revenue, the only way to turn things around is to grow our way out through business development and job creation. The answer is not to overburden taxpayers who are struggling to make ends meet. The solution requires leaders who are willing to set priorities, make tough decisions, and work together to find new ways of solving problems."
- Excerpt: "We need adequate funding, affordable college tuition, and access to vocational training. Simply throwing money at the problem isn’t good enough. We need enforce accountability by measuring school performance and student achievement."
- Excerpt: "Clean water is vital to our shellfish industry, our salmon runs, and public health. We need a viable forest industry, adequate recreational opportunities, and responsible stewardship of areas of high environmental importance."
- Seniors and Veterans
- Excerpt: "Making sure our seniors don’t fall through the cracks during budget cuts has to be a top priority. In addition, we owe it to our returning veterans to make sure they have the resources to get an education, find a job, buy a home, and have access to appropriate counseling services to transition to civilian life."
- Ferries and Roads
- Excerpt: "It is an economic necessity to find a long-term funding solution to our ferry system that creates both stability and reliability. Our roads and highways are the glue that binds our communities together."
- Environmental Protection and Conservation
- Excerpt: "I feel I am the strong environmental candidate in this race. I have spent the past 7 plus years working to improve and protectPuget [sic] Sound."
Ring-Erickson ran in the 2012 election for Washington House of Representatives, District 35b. Ring-Erickson advanced past the August 7 blanket primary election and was defeated by Drew C. MacEwen in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Washington House of Representatives, District 35b, General Election, 2012|
Ring-Erickson has a husband, Gerry, and one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Lynda + Ring-Erickson + Washington + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign website
- Campaign Facebook page
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Ring-Erickson's LinkedIn page
- Video of speech given as County Commissioner in 2011
- Lynda Ring-Erickson, "On The Issues," accessed August 3, 2012
- Washington Secretary of State - 2012 Primary Candidates
- Washington Secretary of State, "August 07, 2012 Primary Results - Legislative - All Results," accessed August 15, 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Lynda Ring-Erickson - Biography," accessed August 3, 2012
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |