|Alabama House of Representatives District 2|
|November 3, 2010-Present|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Place of birth||Rogersville, AL|
Greer served as Public Service Commissioner from 1981 to 1990. He also served in the Alabama House of Representatives from 1974 to 1981 and again from 2002 to 2006.
Greer earned his BS in Electrical Engineering from Auburn University. He also attended the University of Alabama, Huntsville.
Greer has worked in the following positions: Electrical Engineer for NASA Space Programs, Owner/Manager of a marine dealership, and General Contractor/Developer.
Greer served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Subcommittee on Ethics, Chair
- Subcommittee on Special Order Calendars
- Subcommittee on Taxes, Exemptions/Benefits, Chair
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 2 General Election (2010)|
|Lynn Greer (R)||7,599|
|Mike Curtis (D)||6,284|
- Lynn's Plan for Lauderdale County
- Excerpt: "Cut wasteful spending in the state budget. Strengthen ethics laws and ban ALL gifts to legislators"
- A Leader for Our Community in Montgomery
- Excerpt: "Drafted and passed legislation that returned TVA Payments in Lieu of Taxes to the TVA counties in North Alabama. Lauderdale County receives over $6 million annually and has received over $91 million since 1980."
Greer was endorsed by:
- The Alabama Tea Party Express 
In 2010, Greer raised $252,690 in contributions. 
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Republican Party||$88,613|
|Business Council Of Alabama||$33,500|
|Alabama Farmers Federation||$15,189|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Lynn + Greer + Alabama + House + Legislature"
- Steve Flowers: Alabama GOP took advantage of super majority - North Jefferson News
- Spay/neuter clinic bill, drug testing of welfare recipients among bills that ... - al.com (blog)
- Jump Start Illinois: Perspectives on helping kids succeed in school and life - The State Journal-Register
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Greer and his wife Becky have four children.
- House site
- Project Vote Smart Biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Lynn Greer on Twitter
|Alabama House District 2
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|
Public Records Law | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |