|Idaho House of Representatives District 15A|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||7|
|Per diem||$122/day outside Boise, $49/day otherwise|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||December 1, 2014|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of California, Berkeley, 1977|
|J.D.||University of Idaho, 1980|
|Place of birth||Idaho Falls, ID|
Luker graduated from the University of California-Berkeley in 1977 with a Bachelor's Degree in Political Science and later graduated with his Juris Doctorate degree from the University of Idaho in 1980.
In addition to being a representative, Luker is a practicing attorney.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Luker served on the following committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Judiciary, Rules, and Administration, Vice Chair|
|• Local Government|
|• State Affairs|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Luker served on these committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Judiciary, Rules and Administration, Vice Chair|
|• Local Government|
|• State Affairs|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Luker served on these committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Judiciary, Rules and Administration|
|• State Affairs|
|• Health and Welfare|
Luker's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Excerpt: " Fund safe schools and quality curriculum. Preserve local education control. Protect the right to home school. Restore joy in learning and teaching."
- TAXES & SPENDING
- Excerpt: "Simplify taxes by cutting special exemptions. Eliminate business sapping taxes. Support balanced property tax relief. Control government growth and waste."
- Excerpt: "Safeguard personal liberty and ownership. Preserve family values. Protect and balance the use of Idaho lands. Seek affordable health care solutions."
Rep. Janice McGeachin introduced a bill in 2011 in the House State Affairs Committee that would shift more of the burden of the health care fund from the state to county governments. The state and counties share the costs of the fund, with counties pay the first $11,000 of health bills and Idaho paying the rest.
A few weeks prior, Rep. Luker brought legislation that would change the language concerning the administration of the fund. Idaho Code dictates that the health fund must cover “necessary” medical procedures, a term which Luker wants to change to “emergency.” He says the bill would save Idaho about $5 million, but hospitals oppose it because they say medical centers would have to eat the uncovered health costs.
McGeachin’s bill would increase the amount counties pay to $12,000 and the state would continue to pay the rest.
“We are, as a state, looking for every dollar we can find today,” said McGeachin. “These are some savings to the state.”
Luker won re-election in the 2012 election for Idaho House of Representatives District 15A. He was unopposed in the Republican primary and defeated Richard Keller (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 15A, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Lynn M. Luker Incumbent||59%||10,602|
Luker won re-election to District Seat 15A in 2010 against Democrat Brenda Lovell, Independent James Tucker, and Libertarian Randal Williamson. He defeated Jen Stanko in the Republican primary on May 25th by a margin of 2,237 to 1,008. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 15A (2010)|
|Lynn Luker (R)||6,401||56.0%|
|Brenda Lovell (D)||4,280||37.5%|
|James Tucker (I)||448||3.9%|
|Randal Williamson (L)||299||2.6%|
Luker raised $5,361 for his campaign.
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 15A (2008)|
|Lynn Luker (R)||12,857|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, a year in which Luker was up for re-election, he collected $28,116 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Idaho House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Lynn Luker's campaign in 2010|
|Harris, Jim C||$2,000|
|Idaho Trial Lawyers Association||$2,000|
|Idaho Farm Bureau||$1,300|
|House Republican Caucus||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$28,116|
Luker was born in Idaho Falls, Idaho. He has resided in Boise, Idaho since 1980.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Lynn + Luker + Idaho + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Lynn Luker's campaign website
- Lynn Luker's professional website
- Idaho House of Representatives - Lynn Luker
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Lynn Luker on Facebook
- Lynn Luker on Twitter
- Lynn Luker on LinkedIn
- ↑ Lynn Luker, "Issues," accessed October 12, 2012
- ↑ "Bill would shift more catastrophic health costs to counties," Idaho Reporter, March 1st, 2011
- ↑ Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Idaho Elected Officials," February 8, 2012
- ↑ Idaho Secretary of State, "2012 primary election results," May 15, 2012
- ↑ Idaho Secretary of State – Elections Division, “November 6, 2012 General Election Results,” accessed December 27, 2012
- ↑ Idaho Secretary of State - 2010 General election results
- ↑ Idaho House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- ↑ 2010 campaign contributions
|Idaho House of Representatives District 15A
| Succeeded by|