|Former candidate for|
|Delaware House of Representatives, District 11|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Caesar Rodney High School, 1980|
|Bachelor's||Delaware State University, 1989|
|Profession||Information Technology Manager, University of Delaware|
Newlin's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Delaware should increase incentives for bringing in more manufacturing businesses. I do support providing loans, tax credits or grants that include repayment provisions or job creation criteria."
Should Delaware spend more on road, bridge and transportation system improvements?
- Excerpt: "Delaware most definitely needs to make improvements to the transportation infrastructure. One of the attractions many businesses look at before moving into an area is the ability to move product easily and affordably."
- Excerpt: "Money to make improvements and repairs to the current infrastructure could come from public bonds sold in small to large denominations."
Would you support higher property taxes statewide to fund efforts to clean up Delaware's waterways?
- Excerpt: "There are many ways to clean up Delaware's waterways without resorting to raising property taxes."
- Excerpt: "The Department of Transportation should be able to fund 3 positions statewide to collect trash along the roadways, fines for industrial polluters should be stiffened to the point that makes it more expensive to pollute than to discharge into the waterways, and a "green" drainage, recycle and renewable energy plan should be part of all new construction."
Should the state cut casino taxes, or provide other kinds of financial relief?
- Excerpt: "Delaware's casino industry should be allowed to operate more independently from the State. I believe that the ability to be truly competitive, including being able to increase revenue to invest back into the casino industry, will provide more money for the State coffers even with a tax break."
Would you support a raise next year for Delaware state employees?
- Excerpt: "Supporting a raise for Delaware state employees, as well as a monetary increase for State pensioners, should be part of our state's fiscal responsibility."
Elections for the office of Delaware House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was July 8, 2014. Lynne W. Newlin was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Jeffrey N. Spiegelman was unopposed in the Republican primary. Spiegelman defeated Newlin in the general election.
|Delaware House of Representatives, District 11, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Jeffrey N. Spiegelman Incumbent||63.3%||3,347|
|Democratic||Lynne W. Newlin||36.7%||1,943|
Newlin ran in the 2012 election for Delaware House of Representatives District 11. Newlin defeated David Brown, Jr. in the Democratic primary on September 11, 2012 and was defeated by Jeffrey Spiegelman in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Delaware House of Representatives, District 11, General Election, 2012|
|Delaware House of Representatives, District 11 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|David Brown, Jr.||33.3%||282|
In 2012, Newlin's endorsements included the following:
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Lynne + Newlin + Delaware + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Delaware House of Representatives
- Delaware House of Representatives District 11
- Delaware House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Delaware State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Facebook page
- Lynne Newlin on Facebook
- Lynne Newlin's campaign website, "About Lynne," accessed October 22, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed July 10, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 10, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Official general election results," accessed November 13, 2014
- Delaware State Board of Elections, "Candidate List," accessed July 13, 2012
- Jack Markell.org, "Governor Markell endorses Lynn Newlin for State Rep" accessed October 24, 2012