M. Beth Trombold
|M. Beth Trombold|
|Ohio Public Utilities Commission|
|March 4, 2013 - Present|
|April 10, 2018|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed||February 15, 2013|
|Appointed by||Gov. John Kasich (R)|
|Master's||Ohio State University John Glenn School of Public Affairs|
Trombold is a member of the National Association of Regulatory Utilities Commissioners (NARUC), serving on the Electricity Committee. Prior to her appointment to the Public Utilities Commission, she served as assistant director of the Ohio Development Services Agency. Trombold has also served in a variety of roles with the PUC over more than 15 years, including director of Economic Development and Public Affairs.
- Bachelor's degree, business administration, Ohio University
- Master’s degree, public policy and management, The Ohio State University John Glenn School of Public Affairs
Ohio Public Utilities Commission (2013-present)
Trombold was appointed to the Ohio Public Utilities Commission on February 15, 2013 by Gov. John Kasich (R) to fill the unexpired term of Cheryl Roberto, ending April 10, 2013. Trombold was also appointed to a full term ending April 10, 2018.
At the time of her appointment Republicans controlled three of the five seats on the commission and by law the other two have to be held by either Democrats or independents. Democrats thus criticized Trombold's appointment as she was working for Republican governor Kasich at the time and had identified herself as a Republican when she applied for a different vacancy on the PUC in 2012. When she applied in 2013 she identified herself as an independent.
State Rep. Mike Foley (D) stated, "This is just another example of Kasich cronyism running rampant. The governor has disregarded the spirit of the law to push the candidate of his choice, one that is currently serving as an assistant director in one of his agencies."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Beth + Trombold + Ohio"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Ohio Public Utilities Commission
- Trombold's official biography
- Trombold's personal site
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Governor of Ohio, "KASICH ANNOUNCES APPOINTMENTS TO STATE COMMISSION AND COMMITTEE," February 15, 2013
- Public Utilities Commission of Ohio, "Commissioner M. Beth Trombold," accessed April 13, 2013
- Cleveland.com, "Gov. John Kasich appoints M. Beth Trombold to PUCO seat, raising questions of partisanship," February 15, 2013
|Ohio Public Utilities Commission
| Succeeded by|