|Alabama House of Representatives District 88|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Gipson's professional experience includes working as the President/Owner of Gipson's Auto Tire Incorporated and Manager of Kelly-Springfield Tire Company and Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company. He served as a Sergeant in the United States Army.
Gipson is President/Board Member of the Alabama Tire Dealers Association, President of the Prattville Area Chamber of Commerce, Vice-president of the Children's First Board, and member of the American Legion Post 122, Autauga Cattlemans Association, Easter Seals Rehabilitation Center Board, First United Methodist Church and Prattville Lion's Club.
Gipson's answers to the Alabama State Legislative Election 2006 National Political Awareness Test are provided. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected. He did not answer when asked his top legislative priorities.
Gipson formerly served on the following committees:
- Education Appropriations Committee, Alabama House of Representatives (Ranking Minority Member)
- Subcommittee on Sports and Sport Facilities (Vice Chair)
- Subcommittee on Taxes and Exemptions (Vice Chair)
- Tourism and Travel Committee, Alabama House of Representatives (Ranking Minority Member)
Gipson ran for re-election to the 88th District seat in 2010. Paul Beckman defeated him in the primary.
Gipson raised $106,450 for his campaign, while Abernathy raised $0.
|Alabama State House, District 88 (2006)|
|Mac Gipson (R)||10,542|
|M. Benjamin Abernathy, I (D)||3,342|
In 2006, Gipson collected $106,450 in donations.
Below are Gipson's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|Business Council of AL||$15,000|
|AL Action Cmte for Rural Electrification||$4,250|
|Medical Assoc of the State of AL||$3,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Mac + Gipson + Alabama + House + Legislature" Mac Gipson News Feed
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama House of Representatives
- Alabama House Committees
- Alabama state legislative districts
- H. "Mac" Gipson Homepage
- Alabama Legislature - Mac Gipson
- Project Vote Smart - Mac Gipson
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006
- Alabama House Republican Caucus
- Re-Elect Mac Gipson on Facebook
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed November 19, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Issue Positions," accessed November 19, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Alabama House spending, 2006," November 4, 2006
- Follow the Money, "2006 Campaign contributions," accessed November 19, 2014
|Alabama House District 88
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|