Madelyn C. Thorne
|Former candidate for|
|New York State Senate, District 49|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Thorne's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
Madelyn Thorne believes in Common Sense Government and getting our Fair Share:
- Excerpt: "Fixing the inequity and insufficient school district aid formula."
- Excerpt: "Enhancing economic development efforts and job training; and raising the minimum wage."
- Excerpt: "Campaign finance reform – having real transparency in government."
- Excerpt: "Passage of the Women’s Equality Act in its entirety."
- See also: New York State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of New York State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election took place November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was July 10, 2014. Madelyn C. Thorne defeated Patti Southworth in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Hugh Farley was unopposed in the Republican primary. Thorne ran on the Working Families Party ticket and Farley ran on the Conservative Party, SCC-StopCommon Core and Independence Party of New York State tickets. Farley defeated Thorne in the general election.
|New York State Senate, District 49 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Madelyn C. Thorne||64.6%||4,514|
- See also: New York State Senate elections, 2012
Thorne ran in the 2012 election for New York State Senate District 49. She ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on September 13, 2012; she also ran on the Working Families Party ticket. Thorne was defeated by incumbent Hugh T. Farley (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New York State Senate, District 49, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Hugh Farley Incumbent||60.1%||69,861|
|Democratic||Madelyn C. Thorne||39.9%||46,415|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Madelyn + Thorne + New + York + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York State Senate
- New York State Senate District 49
- New York State Senate elections, 2014
- New York State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Madelyn Thorne on Facebook
- Madelyn Thorne on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- New York State Senate
- Madelyn Thorne, "Issues," accessed August 19, 2014
- New York Board of Elections, "Certification for the September 9, 2014, State Primary Election," accessed December 17, 2014
- New York Board of Elections, "Primary results for September 9, 2014," accessed October 1, 2014
- New York Board of Elections, "NYS Board of Elections Senate Election Returns November 4, 2014," accessed December 17, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Candidate Petition List," accessed August 9, 2012
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |