Madera County is one of 58 counties in California. Madera is the county seat.
- Main article: Evaluation of California county websites
- The names of all board of supervisor members and contact information for 3 out of 5 of them are published.
- The agendas and minutes of board of supervisor meetings are published.
- Information on building permits and zoning is published.
- The current budget is published.
- Information on taxes is provided.
- Information on contracts is published.
- Contact information is not available for two board of supervisor members.
- Audit reports are not published.
- There is no information on administrative officials, public records, and lobbying.
- Main article: California government sector lobbying
For 2007 and 2008, Madera County spent $195,019 on lobbying the California legislature.
- ↑ Meetings
- ↑ Building permits
- ↑ Budget
- ↑ Auditor
- ↑ Bids
- ↑ State-Level Lobbying and Taxpayers: How Much Do We Really Know?, Pacific Research Institute