For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Madison County, Illinois
Madison County is one of 102 counties in Illinois. Madison County is part of the Metro-East region of the St. Louis Metro Area. As of 2006, the population was 265,303. The county seat is Edwardsville, Illinois, home to Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville. The largest town in the county is Alton, Illinois, known for its abolitionist and American Civil War-era history.
- Main article: Evaluation of Illinois county websites
- The most current budget is listed.
- Budgets are archived for four years.
- Administrative officials
- Department heads are listed for each department.
- Contact information for administrative officials is provided, including a mailing address, phone number and personalized email.
- Elected officials
- The most recent audit is posted.
- Audits dating back to 2000 are available.
- Bids and RFPs are posted online.
- Approved contract statements are provided for vendors.
- Public records
- Tax revenues are broken down by federal, state and local funding in the budget.
- Local taxes, like property taxes, are available online.
- Residents are able to pay taxes online.
- Permits and zoning
- Zoning ordinances are posted online.
- Permit applications can be downloaded on the site, along with information on how to apply for the permits.
- Elected officials
- Personalized emails are not provided for all board members and department heads.
Madison County is organized under the township form of county government. The County Board Chairman is elected at large by all of the voters in the county. The chairman is the chief executive officer of county government and is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of departments and coordinating management with other countywide officeholders. The Director of Administration works at the direction of the chairman to carry out board policy, to assist in the management of board departments and to coordinate operations with countywide officeholders. The chairman appoints the department heads who manage those county offices not under the control of a countywide officeholder and coordinates the overall operation of the various offices and departments.
The county is divided into 29 county board districts with equal populations. Each district elects one member to the county board. The Madison County Board functions as the legislative branch of the county government and is responsible for adopting all ordinances for the governance of Madison County, approving the county budget and levying taxes. It purchases and maintains all real and personal property owned by the county. The board also approves and supervises the use of all federal and state grants.
The county board chairman presides over the meetings of the county board and appoints board members to serve on the standing committees of the board. The chairman-pro tempore is appointed by the chairman with the advice and consent of the board and presides over board meetings in the absence of the chairman. The committees maintain an informed relationship with the departments and offices under their oversight. The chairman of each committee regularly reports to the board chairman and the full board on the operations of their respective departments. The committees study issues within their areas of responsibility that are assigned to them by the chairman and submit recommendations and resolutions to the full board for action.
Director of Administration
The Director of Administration, under the supervision of the county board chairman, coordinates and implements the actions of the county board, directs the day-to-day operation of county facilities, programs and personnel and provides staff support to the county board in policymaking. The Director of Administration has direct supervision over the appointed department heads and coordinates overall county operations with elected officials. The director also advises the county board on issues of overall management of the departments under its jurisdiction.
The FY 2011 budget was $130,918,138, which is $3,201,925 (-2.4%) less than the 2010 budget of $134,120,062.
Illinois law requires the registration of registered lobbyists by clients who contract for these services. Madison County presently does not have any contractual agreement with a registered lobbyist. It does, however, through membership fees or some other form of compensation, support organizations that do have registered lobbyists in the State of Illinois.
|Metro Counties|| Ellis, Jon K. and |
Kolkmeier, Kiplund Riley
| Southwestern Illinois Flood
Prevention District Council
| Dorgan-McPike & |
| Illinois Association of County Board
Members & Commissioners
| Anderson Legislative |
The county posts tax levy, valuation and rate information, real estate tax frequently asked questions, an "Understanding Your Tax Bill" document, information on how taxes are calculated and other documents related to taxes.
- Madison County official website
- Madison County Free Public Records Directory
- Madison County on Epodunk
- Madison County, County Auditor, Accessed: December 16, 2012
- Madison County, Appointed Officials, Accessed: December 16, 2012
- Madison County, Board Members, Accessed: December 16, 2012
- Madison County, Elected Officials, Accessed: December 16, 2012
- Madison County, Board Minutes, Accessed: December 16, 2012
- Madison County, Board Agenda, Accessed: December 16, 2012
- Madison County, Calendar, Accessed: December 16, 2012
- Madison County, Contracts, Accessed: Decembet 16, 2012
- Madison County, FOIA Request Contact Information, Accessed: December 16, 2012
- Madison County, FOIA Request Form, Accessed: December 16, 2012
- Madison County, Property Tax FAQs, Accessed: December 16, 2012
- Madison County, Lobbying, Accessed: December 16, 2012
- Madison County, Planning Department, Accessed: December 16, 2012
- County Board
- Citizen's Guide to Madison County Government (dead link)
- 2011 Budget
- http://www.co.madison.il.us/CountyClerk/LevyLetters2009.shtml Levy Info]
- [https://web.archive.org/web/2/http://www.madcotreasurer.org/FrequentlyAskedQuestions.shtml Real Estate Tax FAQs]
- taxes calculated (dead link)
- understand tax
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid