Maine 1925 ballot measures
September 14, 1925 ballot and December 7, 1925 ballot in Maine.Five statewide ballot measures were on the
- Two of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- One of the measures was a legislatively-referred state statute
- Two of the measures were veto referendums.
- Four of the measures were approved and one was defeated.
On the ballot
|Amendment No. 1||Bonds||Issues bonds to build a bridge across the Kennebec River|
|Amendment No. 2||Bonds||Increases amount of bonds that could be issued to fund highways and bridges to $16 million|
|LRSS||Referendum Question||Energy||Incorporates Dexter P. Cooper in order to develop the power of tides in the Bay of Fundy and adjacent waters|
|VR||Question No. 1||Time||Sets the standard time in Maine to Eastern Standard Time|
|VR||Question No. 2||Food & Ag||Defines certain grades of milk offered for sale within the state|
- Lewiston Evening Journal, "List of Questions," September 8, 1925
- Lewiston Daily Sun, "List of Questions," December 3 , 1925
- Main State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Proposed Constitutional Amendments 1820-
- Main State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Referenda Votes on Acts of the Maine Legislature 1910-
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, People's Vetoes 1909-