Maine 1931 ballot measures
September 14 and November 9, 1931 ballots in Maine.Two statewide ballot measures were on the
- One of the measures was a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment.
- One of the measures was a veto referendum.
- One of the measures was approved and the other was defeated.
On the ballot
|Proposed Constitutional Amendment||Legislature||Changes apportionment of senators in the Maine State Senate|
|VR||Referendum Question||Admin of Gov't||Changes the Sea and Shore Fisheries Commission to the Department of Sea and Shore Fisheries|
- Lewiston Daily Sun, "List of Questions," September 3 , 1929
- Lewiston Evening Journal, "List of Questions," September 5, 1931
- Main State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Proposed Constitutional Amendments 1820-
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, People's Vetoes 1909-
- National Conference of State Legislatures, State Ballot Measures Database