Maine 1933 ballot measures
September 11, 1933 ballot in Maine.Four statewide ballot measures were on the
- Two of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Two of the measures were initiated state statutes.
- All of the measures were defeated.
On the ballot
|Amendment No. 1||Elections||Allows the use of voting machines in all elections||
|Amendment No. 2||Gov't Finances||Raises state debt limit to $2 million||
|CISS||Direct Initiative Question No. 1||Taxes||Raises the tax on corporations distributing and supplying electric power||
|CISS||Direct Initiative Question No. 2||Taxes||Establishes a low rate tax on intangible personal property||
- Lewiston Daily Sun, "List of Questions," September 2, 1933
- Main State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Proposed Constitutional Amendments 1820-
- Main State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Votes on Initiated Bills 1910-
- National Conference of State Legislatures, State Ballot Measures Database