Maine 1966 ballot measures
- One of the measures was a veto referendum.
- Four of the measures were legislatively-referred bond questions.
- One of the measures was a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment.
- Three of the measures were approved and three were defeated
On the ballot
|VR||Referendum Question||Alcohol||Allows certain sales of alcohol on Sundays|
|BI||Referendum Question No. 1||Bonds||Issues $2.5 million for the construction of an office building for State Highway Commission|
|BI||Referendum Question No. 2||Transportation||Issues $2.95 million in bonds for the construction and improvement of airports|
|BI||Referendum Question No. 1||Culture||Issues $4.8 million in bonds for the construction of a state cultural building|
|BI||Referendum Question No. 2||Environment||Issues $1.5 million in bonds to develop the Allagash Waterway|
|Proposed Constitutional Amendment||Legislature||Repeals and replaces language outlining the election, powers and apportionment of the Maine State Senate|
- Lewiston Daily Sun, "Specimen Ballot," February 14, 1966
- Bar Harbor Times, "Specimen Ballot," June 16, 1966
- Lewiston Daily Sun, "Specimen Ballot," November 1, 1966
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Proposed Constitutional Amendments 1820-
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, People's Vetoes 1909-
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Votes on Maine Bond Issues, 1951-
- National Conference of State Legislatures, State Ballot Measures Database
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |