Maine 1969 ballot measures
November 4, 1969 ballot in the state of Maine.Seventeen statewide ballot questions were on the
- Twelve of the measures were legislatively-referred bond questions.
- One of the measures was a legislatively-referred state statute.
- Four of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Eleven of the measures were approved and six were defeated.
On the ballot
|BI||Referendum Question No. 1||Education||Issues $7.54 million in bonds for expansion of classroom facilities at several campuses of the University of Maine|
|BI||Referendum Question No. 2||Transportation||Authorizes Aeronautics Commission to use $13,000 appropriated to Norridgewock Airport|
|BI||Referendum Question No. 3||Forests & Parks||Issues $210,000 in bonds for constructing facilities at Camp Waban|
|BI||Referendum Question No. 4||Education||Issues $22 million in bonds for the Foundation Program School Subsidies|
|BI||Referendum Question No. 5||Utilities||Issues $310,000 in bonds to construct water and sewage facilities at three Indian Housing Authorities|
|BI||Referendum Question No. 6||Transportation||Issues $100,000 in bonds for the construction of docking facilities at Matinicus Island|
|BI||Referendum Question No. 7||Education||Issues $9.8 million in bonds for elementary and secondary school buildings, $800,000 for technical and vocational schools|
|BI||Referendum Question No. 8||Environment||Issues $50 million in bonds for pollution abatement facilities|
|BI||Referendum Question No. 9||Education||Issues $770,000 in bonds for the improvement of facilities and acquisition of land for several educational institutes|
|BI||Referendum Question No. 10||Forests & Parks||Issues $1.9 million in bonds for parks, forestry and the Marine Research Laboratory|
|BI||Referendum Question No. 11||Transportation||Issues $21.5 million in bonds for state highway construction|
|BI||Referendum Question No. 12||Prisons||Issues $2,515,000 in bonds for the enlargement and improvement of mental and correctional institutions|
|LRSS||Referendum Question No. 13||Bonds||increase in the interest rate for state bonds from five to six percent|
|Proposed Constitutional Amendment No. 1||Education||Provides $25 million in bonds for state guaranteed loans to private colleges|
|Proposed Constitutional Amendment No. 2||Legislatures||Establishes odd number of members in state senate|
|Proposed Constitutional Amendment No. 3||Local Gov't||Gives municipalities home rule|
|Proposed Constitutional Amendment No. 4||Bonds||Insures the payment of revenue bonds of the Maine School Building Authority|
- Lewiston Daily Sun, "Specimen Ballot," October 28, 1969
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Referenda Votes on Acts of the Maine Legislature 1910-
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Votes on Maine Bond Issues, 1951-
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Proposed Constitutional Amendments 1820-
- National Conference of State Legislatures, State Ballot Measures Database