Maine 1971 ballot measures
1971 ballot in the state of Maine.Five statewide ballot measures were on the
- Four measures were approved.
- One measure was defeated.
- Three measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments and two were initiatives.
On the ballot
|IndISS||Income Tax Repeal Initiative||Taxes||Repeal state income tax|
|IndISS||Form of Ballots||Elections||For of ballot in general elections|
|Gubernatorial Term Continuation||Admin. of gov't.||Governor's term in office continues until successor has qualified|
|Loans to College Students||Education||Government to provide credit for loans to state college students|
|Voting Age of 18||Elections||Would reduce the voting age requirement from 20 to 18|
- 1971 ballot measures
- List of Maine ballot measures
- Laws governing the initiative process in Maine
- Maine Legislature