Maine 1976 ballot measures
- One of the measures was an indirect initiated state statute.
- Five of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- All of the measures were approved.
On the ballot
|IndISS||Bigelow Mountain Public Preserve||Forests & Parks||Establishes a public preserve in the Bigelow Mountain area|
|Bonding Prohibition||Bond issues||Prohibits use of proceeds from the sale of bonds to fund current expenditures|
|Gubernatorial Action on Legislation||State Exec||Allows governor 10 days to respond to legislation|
|Judiciary Term Limits||Judicial||Allows expired term justices to hold office for up to six month longer or until a successor is appointed|
|Bond Issue Adjustments||Bond issues||Increases bonding limit on Maine Veterans' Mortgage Loans, decreased limit of Maine School Building Authority|
|Minimum Bottle Refund||Environment||Incentivizes reuse and recycling of beverage containers|
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Votes on Initiated Bills, 1910-
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Proposed Constitutional Amendments 1820-
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |