Maine 1977 ballot measures
December 5, 1977 ballot in Maine.Nine statewide ballot questions were on the
- One of the measures was an indirect initiated state statute.
- Eight of the measures were legislatively-referred bond questions.
- Seven of the measures were approved and two were defeated.
On the ballot
|IndISS||Uniform State Property Tax Question||Taxes||Repeals uniform property tax and changed portions of the school funding law|
|BI||Referendum Question No. 1||Environment||Issues $30 million in bonds for pollution abatement facilities|
|BI||Referendum Question No. 2||Education||Issues $300,000 in bonds for Leavitt Hall at Maine Maritime Academy|
|BI||Referendum Question No. 3||Education||Issues $5,965,000 in bonds for several projects at the University of Maine|
|BI||Referendum Question No. 4||Education||Issues $3,748,000 in bonds for several construction projects at state technical-vocational institutes|
|BI||Referendum Question No. 5||Energy||Issues $10 million in bonds for energy conservation improvements to state owned buildings and public school buildings|
|BI||Referendum Question No. 6||Transportation||Issues $1.8 million in bonds for improvements to multiple airports|
|BI||Referendum Question No. 7||Transportation||Issues $11.5 million in bonds for the Highway and Bridge Improvement Program|
|BI||Referendum Question No. 8||Veterans||Issues $2.1 million in bonds to fund the construction of a Maine Veterans Home|
- Bangor Daily News, "Specimen Ballot," November 28, 1977
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Votes on Initiated Bills, 1910-
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Votes on Maine Bond Issues, 1951-
- Laws of the State of Maine as Passed by the One Hundred and Eighth Legislature Directory