For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Maine 1978 ballot measures
November 7, 1978 ballot in Maine.Seven statewide ballot measures were on the
- One of the measures was a legislatively-referred bond question.
- Six of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- All of the measures were approved.
On the ballot
|BI||Referendum Question||Housing||Issues $2.1 million in bonds for construction of a dormitory at Northern Maine Vocational-Technical Institute|
|Proposed Constitutional Amendment No. 1||Judiciary||Eliminates justice of the peace as a constitutional office|
|Proposed Constitutional Amendment No. 2||Constitutions||Repeals obsolete language requiring the payment of poll tax and for exemption from military service|
|Proposed Constitutional Amendment No. 3||Bonds||Reduces and combines two separate insurance limits under which the Maine Guarantee Authority operates|
|Proposed Constitutional Amendment No. 4||Legislatures||Moves convening of the legislature from January to December following a general election|
|Proposed Constitutional Amendment No. 5||Taxes||Requires state to reimburse municipalities for losses caused by property tax exemptions|
|Proposed Constitutional Amendment No. 6||Taxes||Allows for taxes levied by school administrative districts to be assessed according to cost-sharing formulas|
- Bangor Daily News, "State of Maine General Election November 7, 1978: Important Notice to All Voters of the State of Maine," October 31, 1978
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Votes on Maine Bond Issues, 1951-
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Proposed Constitutional Amendments 1820-
- Laws of the State of Maine as Passed by the One Hundred and Eighth Legislature Directory
- National Conference of State Legislatures, State Ballot Measures Database