Maine 1983 ballot measures
1983 ballot in Maine.Four statewide ballot questions were on the
- Two measures were approved.
- Two measures were defeated.
- Three measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
On the ballot
|Trust Fund||Taxes||Expanding principal amount of the Mining Excise Tax Trust Fund to require two-thirds vote of legislature|
|Mineral-Bearing Land||Taxes||Change municipal property tax loss reimbursement provisions|
|IndISS||Moose Hunting||Animal rights||Repeal a law in the state that provided for a hunting season on moose|
|Watercraft Taxes||Taxes||Allowed the state to create a property tax exemption for watercraft|
- 1983 ballot measures
- List of Maine ballot measures
- Laws governing the initiative process in Maine
- Maine Legislature