For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Maine 1983 ballot measures
November 8, 1983 ballot in Maine.Eight statewide ballot measures were on the
- One of the measures was an indirect initiated state statute.
- Four of the measures were legislatively-referred bond questions.
- Three of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Five of the measures were approved and three were defeated.
On the ballot
|IndISS||Initiative 1||Hunt & Fish||Repeals state moose hunting season|
|BI||Bond Issue 2||Bonds||Issues $720,000 to make county courthouses handicap accessible|
|BI||Bond Issue 3||Transportation||Issues $24.6 million in bonds for bridge and highway improvements|
|BI||Bond Issue 4||Bonds||Issues $21,094,000 in bonds for several state and municipality facilities projects|
|BI||Bond Issue 5||Development||Issues $11,875,000 in bonds for a variety of economic development projects|
|Constitutional Amendment 6||Taxes||Allows a property tax exemption for watercraft without reimbursement of municipalities|
|Constitutional Amendment 7||Gov't Finance||Requires two-thirds vote of legislature for expenditures of principle of Mining Excise Tax Trust Fund|
|Constitutional Amendment 8||Resources||Changes municipal property tax loss reimbursement provisions including exemptions or credits for unextracted minerals|
- Bangor Daily News, "State of Maine Special Election November 8, 1983: Important Notice to All Voters of the State of Maine," November 1, 1983
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Votes on Maine Bond Issues, 1951-
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Votes on Initiated Bills 1980-
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Proposed Constitutional Amendments 1820-