Maine 1984 ballot measures
1984 ballot in the state of Maine.Four statewide ballot questions appeared on the
- All four were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Three measures were approved.
- One measure was defeated.
On the ballot
|Maine Equal Rights Amendment (1984)||Civil rights||To provide for an equal rights amendment.|
|Maine Loan Guarantees to Veterans (1984)||State budgets||Allow the legislature to set the limit for guaranteed business loans to veterans.|
|Maine Un-Issued Bonds Amendment (1984)||Animal rights||Repeal a law in the state that provided for a hunting season on moose.|
|Maine Watercraft Excise Tax Amendment (1984)||Taxes||Allowed the state to create a property tax exemption for watercraft.|
- 1984 ballot measures
- List of Maine ballot measures
- Laws governing the initiative process in Maine
- Maine Legislature