Maine 1985 ballot measures
1985 ballot in the state of Maine.Three statewide ballot measures were on the
- Two measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- One measure was a ballot initiative.
- Two were approved, one was defeated.
On the ballot
|Civil Service||State legislatures||Lawmakers could be appointed to civil office as long as they resign from the Legislature.||
|IndISS||Nuclear Waste||Environment||Plan to dump low-level radioactive waste in the state would have to be subjected to a statewide vote.||
|Sheriffs||Elections||Extended the tenure for sheriffs from 2 years to 4 years||
- 1985 ballot measures
- List of Maine ballot measures
- Laws governing the initiative process in Maine
- Maine Legislature