Maine 1990 ballot measures
November 6, 1990 ballot in Maine.Nine statewide ballot measures appeared on the
- One of the measures was an indirect initiated state statute.
- One of the measures was a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment.
- Seven of the measures were legislatively-referred bond questions.
- Five of the measures were approved and four were defeated.
On the ballot
|IndISS||Question No. 1||Sunday||Allows certain sized stores to open on Sundays and certain holidays|
|BI||Question No. 2||Transportation||Issues $4.5 million in bonds for the acquisition of certain rail lines|
|BI||Question No. 3||Education||Issues $5 million in bonds for the correction of major emergency maintenance problems in public schools|
|BI||Question No. 4||Environment||Issues $3 million in bonds for the investigation, abatement, clean up and mitigation of uncontrolled hazardous substance sites|
|BI||Question No. 5||Forests & Parks||Issues $19 million in bonds to purchase of public lands and for construction to replace Churchill Dam|
|BI||Question No. 6||Prisons||Issues $20,250,000 in bonds to build, purchase, plan and renovate correction facilities and to study future operation needs|
|BI||Question No. 7||Water||Issues $9 million in bonds for the construction of water pollution control facilities|
|BI||Question No. 8||History||Issues $5 million in bonds for historic buildings preservation, improvements at state parks and access for persons with disabilities|
|Question No. 9||Housing||Uses state credit to insure the payment of mortgage loans|
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Votes on Initiated Bills 1980-
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Votes on Maine Bond Issues, 1951-
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Proposed Constitutional Amendments 1820-