Maine 1993 ballot measures
November 2, 1993 ballot in Maine.Six ballot questions were on the
- One was a citizen intiative to impose term limits; it was approved.
- One was a new amendment to the Maine Constitution proposed by the state legislature. It was approved.
- Three were statewide bond questions. All were approved.
- One was a veto referendum. It was approved.
Measures on the November 2 ballot
|CISS||Question 1||Term limits||Reduce terms for state legislators, Secretary of State, Treasurer, Attorney General, State Auditor|
|Question 2||Natural resources||Require 2/3 vote of state legislature to reduce or change purpose of state parks, recreational lands|
|LBM||Question 3||Bonds||$5 million in bonds for solid waste landfills|
|LBM||Question 4||Bonds||$39.5 million in bonds for transportation projects|
|LBM||Question 5||Bonds||$15.15 in bonds for water pollution control|
|VR||Question 6||Transportation||Interstate compact with Texas, Maine, and Vermont for the disposal of low-level radioactive waste in Texas|
- 1993 ballot measures
- List of Maine ballot measures
- Laws governing the initiative process in Maine
- Maine Legislature