Maine 1997 ballot measures
November 4, 1997 ballot in Maine.Six statewide ballot measures were on the
- Four measures were approved.
- Two measures were defeated.
- Five measures were legislatively-referred state statutes.
On the ballot
|LRSS||Question 1||Environment||Create the "Compact for Maine's Forests" law|
|LRSS||Question 2||Bonds||$7 million in bonds, matching $15 million in federal bonds, for water pollution control facilities|
|LRSS||Question 3||Bonds||$10 million for funding the Adaptive Equipment Loan Program Fund|
|LRSS||Question 4||Transportation||$56,850,000 for transportation improvements|
|Question 5||Health||Remove from constitution provision that those with mental illnesses can't vote|
|LRSS||Question 6||Transportation||Expand southern end of Maine Turnpike|
- 1997 ballot measures
- List of Maine ballot measures
- Laws governing the initiative process in Maine
- Maine Legislature
- Citizen's guide to the November 4, 1997 ballot questions in Maine
- Tabulation of the vote for the November 4, 1997 ballot questions
- Votes on Maine constitutional amendments
- Votes on legislatively-referred state laws
- Votes on Maine bond issues