Maine 1998 ballot measures
- One of the measures was a veto referendum.
- Five of the measures were legislatively-referred bond questions.
- All six of the measures were approved.
On the ballot
|VR||Question 1||LGBT||Repeals ban on discrimination based on sexual orientation|
|BI||Question 1||Transportation||Issues 36,985,000 in bonds for improvements to transportation systems|
|BI||Question 2||Water||Issues $6 million in bonds for improvements related to water pollution|
|BI||Question 3||Education||Issues $5 million in bonds for vocational schools|
|BI||Question 1||Development||Issues $20 million in bonds for research and development in science and technology|
|BI||Question 2||Water||Issues $7 million in bonds for improvements to combat water pollution|
- Maine Citizen's Guide to the Special Election, Tuesday, February 10, 1998, from Maine Secretary of State
- Maine Citizen's Guide to the Referendum Election, Tuesday, June 9, 1998, from Maine Secretary of State
- Maine Citizen's Guide to the Referendum Election, Tuesday, November 3, 1998 from Maine Secretary of State
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Referenda Votes on Acts of the Maine Legislature 1910-
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Votes on Maine Bond Issues, 1951-
- Bangor Daily News, "State of Maine, Referendum Election June 9, 1998: IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL VOTERS," June 2, 1998
- Bangor Daily News, "State of Maine, Referendum Election November 3, 1998: IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL VOTERS," October 27, 1998
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |