Maine 1998 ballot measures
1998 in Maine.Six ballot measures were on statewide ballots on three different election dates in
- All six measures were approved.
- Five measures were legislatively-referred state statutes and one appeared as a veto referendum.
- Elections were held February 10, June 9 and November 3.
On the ballot
|VR||Question 1||Civil rights||Do voters want to reject the new law that bans discrimination based on sexual orientation?|
|LRSS||Primary Question 1||Transportation||$36,985,000 in bonds for improvements to transportation developments|
|LRSS||Primary Question 2||Environment||$6 million in bonds for improvements related to water pollution|
|LRSS||Primary Question 3||Bond issues||$5 million in bonds for vocational schools|
|LRSS||Question 1||Admin of gov't||$20 million in bonds for research and development|
|LRSS||Question 2||Environment||$7 million in bonds for improvements to fight water pollution|
- 1998 ballot measures
- List of Maine ballot measures
- Laws governing the initiative process in Maine
- Maine Legislature
- Citizen's guide to the Maine November 3, 1998 ballot measures
- Tabulation of the vote on the Maine November 3, 1998 ballot measures
- Citizen's guide to the June 9, 2008 ballot measures in Maine (PDF)
- Tabulation of the vote for the June 9, 2008 ballot measures in Maine
- Citizen's guide to the February 10, 1998 ballot measure (People's Veto) in Maine
- Tabulation of the vote for the February 10, 1998 election
- History of legislatively-referred state statutes in Maine
- List of all People's Vetoes from 1909-present.