Maine 2003 ballot measures
2003 ballot in Maine.Nine statewide ballot measures were on the
- Three measures were defeated.
- Six measures were approved.
- One measure was the June 10 ballot, while the rest were on the November 4 ballot.
On the ballot
|LBM||Bond Issue||Bonds||$60 million in bonds for multiple government programs|
|CISS||Question 1A||Education||Increase state spending on education K-12 from 50% to 55% and expand property taxes|
|LRSS||Question 1B||Education||Increase state spending on education K-12 from 50% to 55% over the next 5 years and expand taxes|
|LRSS||Question 1C||Education||Rejection of Questions 1A and 1B|
|CISS||Question 2||Gambling||Allow slot machines at horse racing tracks|
|CISS||Question 3||Gambling||Allow the Passamaquoddy Tribe and the Penobscot Nation to conduct gaming and wagering at a single site.|
|LBM||Question 4||Bonds||$6.95 million in bonds to clean up water pollution|
|LBM||Question 5||Bonds||$19 million in bonds to improve school facilities|
|LBM||Question 6||Bonds||$63,450,000 in bonds for the improvement of roads, state-owned ferry vessels, bridges, airports, and port facilities.|
- 2003 ballot measures
- List of Maine ballot measures
- Laws governing the initiative process in Maine
- Maine Legislature
- November 2003 Maine ballot measure descriptions
- November 2003 Maine ballot measure election results
- June 2003 Maine ballot measure description
- June 2003 Maine ballot measure election results