Maine 2009 ballot measures
(Redirected from Maine 2009 ballot initiatives)
- One of the measures was a veto referendum.
- Four of the measures were indirect initiated state statutes.
- One of the measures was a legislatively-referred bond question.
- One of the measures was a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment.
- Three of the measures were approved and four were defeated.
On the ballot
|VR||Question 1||Marriage & Family||Repeals an act allowing same-sex marriages|
|IndISS||Question 2||Taxes||Reduces excise taxes on vehicles that meet certain energy efficiency requirements|
|IndISS||Question 3||Education||Repeals the law mandating school district restructuring|
|IndISS||Question 4||Taxes||Limits increases in government spending to inflation and population increases|
|IndISS||Question 5||Marijuana||Creates nonprofit medical marijuana dispensaries and identification cards|
|BI||Question 6||Bonds||Issues $71.25 million in bonds for transportation programs and improvements|
|Question 7||Direct Democracy||Increases the amount of time for municipalities to certify initiative petition signatures|
Not on the ballot
|IndISS||Groundwater Extraction||Environment||Create new state board for regulation and monitoring of groundwater supply|
|IndISS||Affordable Health Insurance||Healthcare||Expand health insurance options|
|IndISS||Campaign Promises||Judiciary||Elected officials can be removed from office for breaking campaign promises|
|IndISS||Jessica's Law||Judiciary||Mandatory minimum sentences for those who commit sexual crimes against children|
- Maine 2009 Referendum Election Sample Ballot
- Maine Citizen's Guide to the Referendum Election, Tuesday, November 3, 2009 from Maine Secretary of State
- Referendum Election Tabulations, November 3, 2009 from Maine Secretary of State