Maine Vocational-Technical Institutes and Boys Training Center Funding, Referendum Question No. 2 (1970)
The Maine Vocational-Technical Institutes and Boys Training Center Funding Bond Issue, also known as Referendum Question No. 2, was on the June 15, 1970 ballot in Maine as a legislatively-referred bond question, where it was approved. The measure issued a total of $3,825,000 in bonds for construction of facilities and purchase of equipment at the State Vocational-Technical Institutes and for a diagnostic facility for treatment of emotionally disturbed boys at the Boys Training Center.
The funding was appropriated for these specific projects:
- $950,000 for Central Maine Vocational-Technical Institute laboratory wing
- $840,000 for Eastern Maine Vocational-Technical Institute laboratory wing
- $650,000 Northern Maine Vocational-Technical Institute student dormitory
- $1,010,000 for Southern Maine Vocational-Technical Institute culinary arts and electronics electrical building
- $375,000 for Boys Training Center diagnostic unit
|Maine Referendum Question No. 2 (1970)|
Election results via: Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Votes on Maine Bond Issues, 1951-
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
"Shall the State provide for construction of facilities and purchase of equipment at the State Vocational-Technical Institutes in order to allow increased enrollment and expanded vocational opportunities for Maine youth and adults and for a diagnostic facility for treatment of emotionally disturbed boys at the Boys Training Center, as passed by the First Special Session of the 104th Legislature by issuing bonds in the amount of $3,825,000?"
- Maine 1970 ballot measures
- 1970 ballot measures
- List of Maine ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Maine
- Lewiston Daily Sun, "Specimen Ballot," June 8, 1970
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Votes on Maine Bond Issues, 1951-
- National Conference of State Legislatures, State Ballot Measures Database
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |