Maine Community College Bond Question, Question 2 (2012)
|Community College Bond Question|
|Type:||legislatively-referred state statute|
|Referred by:||Maine Legislature|
The proposal was sent to the ballot during the week of May 17, 2012 as a part of four bond issues that were placed up for a statewide public vote.
- See also: 2012 ballot measure election results
The following are official election results:
|Maine Question 2|
Text of the measure
The following was the ballot language that appeared before voters:
|“||Do you favor an $11,300,000 bond issue to provide funds for capital to build a diagnostic facility for the University of Maine System; for capital improvements and equipment, including machine tool technology, for the Maine Community College System; and for capital improvements and equipment at the Maine Maritime Academy?||”|
- The Maine Chamber of Commerce was in favor of the measure.
- The The Mid Maine Chamber of Commerce stated opposition to the measure.
Path to the ballot
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 WMTW.com, "Lawmakers pass 5 bond proposals", May 17, 2012
- ↑ Percentages reflect the total of 'yes', 'no' and blank votes. Therefore, these calculations do not add up to 100% since blank votes are not displayed.
- ↑ Maine Elections division, "November 6, 2012 - Referendum Election", Retrieved September 26, 2012
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |
Freedom of Access Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |