Maine 1992 ballot measures
(Redirected from Maine Eight Bond Questions (1992))
June 9 and November 3, 1992 ballot in Maine.Eleven statewide ballot measures were on the
- Three of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Eight of the measures were legislatively-referred bond questions.
- Seven were approved and four were defeated.
On the ballot
|IndISS||Question 1 Part A||Development||Issues $37 million bond for municipal infrastructure job projects|
|IndISS||Question 1 Part B||Bond issues||Issues $42 million bond for capital improvement of transportation facilities|
|IndISS||Question 1||Environment||Issues $10 million in bonds to purchasing recycling equipment and facilities and to close municipal solid waste landfills|
|IndISS||Question 2||Transportation||Issues $6 million in bonds to help municipalities pay for the repair and improvement of port facilities|
|IndISS||Question 3||Labor||Issues $8 million in bonds for state facilities to comply with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards|
|IndISS||Question 4||Water||Issues $12 million in bonds for the construction of water pollution control facilities|
|IndISS||Question 5||Education||Issues $9,984,000 in bonds to pay for the tuition of 3,000 unemployed Maine citizens enrolled as full-time students at technical colleges|
|IndISS||Question 6||Transportation||Issues $3 million in bonds for the acquisition of certain rail lines to continue of rail services in Piscataquis, Penobscot and Waldo counties|
|Question 7||Legislature||Allows for deputies to temprorily fill vacancies in offices of state treasurer and secretary of state|
|Question 8||Gov't Finances||Prohibits diversion of revenues from the Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife|
|Question 9||Gov't Finances||Requires state to fund any mandates it imposed upon municipalities|
- Scribd, "Maine Citizen's Guide to Upcoming Bond Issues to be voted upon June 9, 1992," accessed April 29, 2014
- Bangor Daily News, "State of Maine General Election, November 3, 1992: Important Notice to All Voters of the State of Maine," October 27, 1992
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Votes on Maine Bond Issues, 1951-
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Proposed Constitutional Amendments 1820-