Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 37A|
Benz's website highlights the following campaign themes:
|“||As a mother and wife, I know firsthand that strong families are the key to Minnesota's prosperity., and I will fight to protect our family values and constitutional liberties by putting the people first again.
Running a small business, I support rightsizing our state government to ensure it is effective and efficient and our taxes are regionally competitive.
As a home-school teacher, I support restoring local control to parents and teachers to create efficient and valued education that puts our kids on track to compete globally.
I will work to replace Minnesota's version of Obamacare with a patient-centered healthcare system that safeguards personal information, and I will remove barriers to lifesaving treatments and medications.
I strongly support and honor our veterans and our military because they are our bedrock to securing our freedoms by serving and protecting our great state and our nation.
Elections for the office of Minnesota House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 12, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Incumbent Jerry Newton was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Mandy Benz was unopposed in the Republican primary. Newton faces Benz in the general election.
Benz ran in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 37A. She ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14 and was defeated by Jerry Newton (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 37A, General Election, 2012|
In 2014, Benz's endorsements include:
- MetroNorth Chamber Leadership PAC
- National Federation of Independent Business
- Minnesota Concerned Citizens for Life
- Minnesota Gun Owners PAC
- National Rifle Association
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Mandy + Benz + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Minnesota House of Representatives
- Minnesota House of Representatives District 37A
- Minnesota House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Minnesota State Legislature
- Mandy Benz for State Representative, "Issues," accessed October 21, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "State Canvassing Board Report," August 19, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed July 25, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed June 19, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Minnesota State Canvassing Report - State Primary - Tuesday, August 14, 2012," accessed April 23, 2014
- Mandy Benz for State Representative, "Endorsements," accessed October 21, 2014
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |