|January 1, 2009 - Present|
|Years in position||6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed||January 1, 2009|
|Appointed by||Governor of Virginia Tim Kaine|
|Deputy Secretary of Finance|
|Bachelor's||University of Bombay|
|Master's||University of Texas at Austin|
Ganeriwala attended the University of Bombay for her undergraduate degree in commerce, and later moved to the United States to pursue a MBA at the University of Texas at Austin. In 1983, following her graduation from business school, Ganeriwala relocated to her adoptive state of Virginia. She took a position as an analyst for the Virginia Department of Planning and Budget, where she spent 14 years advising top state officials on policy and fiscal issues at the Department - six years serving as Senior Analyst and eight as Associate Director. While at the agency, Ganeriwala gained specialties in issues related to Natural Resources, Health and Human Services, and Economic Development. Ganeriwala also did strategic planning and long-range forecasting for the East Ohio Gas Company in Cleveland.
- Bachelor's degree, commerce - University of Bombay
- MBA - University of Texas at Austin
Virginia Treasurer (2009-present)
Ganeriwala assumed office as state treasurer on January 1, 2009. She was appointed by then-Gov. Tim Kaine, for whom she had previously served as Deputy Secretary of Finance, a cabinet-level position in Virginia.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Manju + Ganeriwala + Virginia + Treasurer"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Ganeriwala resides in Henrico County, Virginia. She and her husband Suri have two children together.
- Commonwealth of Virginia Department of the Treasury, "Treasurer," accessed May 30, 2012
- Secretary of the Commonwealth of Virginia, "Press Release: Governor McDonnell Announces Board Appointments and Additional Appointments to Administration," July 23, 2010
- Department of the Treasury, "Manju Ganeriwala--Treasurer of the Commonwealth of Virginia," accessed January 17, 2013
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography: Manju Ganeriwala," accessed January 17, 2013
| Succeeded by|