For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New York State Assembly, District 1|
|Bachelor's||State University of New York|
|J.D.||Touro Law School|
Alessi earned his B.A. from State University of New York at Albany and his J.D. from Touro Law School. His professional experience includes working as an attorney, as an intern in the New York State Assembly and as a small business owner.
- Aging Committee, New York Assembly
- Agriculture Committee, New York Assembly
- Energy Committee, New York Assembly
- Subcommittee on Renewable Energy.
- Subcommittee on Emerging Workforce.
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Alessi ran unopposed in the September 14 Democratic primary. Alessi was defeated by challenger Daniel Losquadro (R) in the general election on November 2. Alessi conceded after the count of absentee ballots put him 906 votes behind. In addition to running on the Democratic ticket, Alessi was also listed as a candidate of the Independence Party of New York State and Working Families Party.
|New York State Assembly, District 1 2010|
|Daniel Losquadro (R)||23,860|
|Marc Alessi (D)||22,943|
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2008
On November 4, 2008, Marc Alessi won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 1, defeating opponent James M. Staudenraus (R).
Alessi raised $168,287 for his campaign while Staudenraus raised $24,592.
|New York State Assembly, District 1 2008|
|Marc Alessi (D)||81,062|
|James Staudenraus (R)||24,095|
In 2008, a year in which Alessi was up for re-election, he collected $168,287 in donations.
|Democratic Assembly Campaign Committee of New York||$45,000|
|New York State Trial Lawyers||$4,800|
|1199 Seiu United Healthcare Workers East||$3,800|
|Martha Clara Vineyards||$3,800|
|American Federation of State County & Municipal Employees||$3,800|
|New York State United Teachers||$3,800|
Alessi and his wife, Gretchen, have two children; Sarah Ruby and Samuel.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Marc + Alessi + New + York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York State Assembly
- House Committees
- New York State Legislature
- New York state legislative districts
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Marc Alessi," accessed December 23, 2014
- New York Times, "NY state legislative election results," accessed February 11, 2014
- Newsday.com, "Alessi concedes Assembly race defeat to Losquadro," November 24, 2010
- Follow the Money, "Report on 2008 Campaign donations in New York," accessed August 1, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 campaign contributions," accessed December 23, 2014
|New York Assembly - District 1
| Succeeded by|
Daniel Losquadro (R)
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |