|New York State Assembly District 1|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Alessi's professional experience is as an attorney; and intern in the New York State Assembly; and a small business owner.
Alessi earned a B.A. from State University of New York at Albany and a J.D. from Touro Law School. He and his wife, Gretchen, have two children; Sarah Ruby and Samuel.
- Aging Committee, New York Assembly
- Agriculture Committee, New York Assembly
- Energy Committee, New York Assembly
- Subcommittee on Renewable Energy.
- Subcommittee on Emerging Workforce.
In 2008, a year in which Alessi was up for re-election, he collected $168,287 in donations.
|Democratic Assembly Campaign Committee of New York||$45,000|
|New York State Trial Lawyers||$4,800|
|1199 Seiu United Healthcare Workers East||$3,800|
|Martha Clara Vineyards||$3,800|
|American Federation of State County & Municipal Employees||$3,800|
|New York State United Teachers||$3,800|
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Alessi ran unopposed in the September 14 Democratic primary. Alessi was defeated by challenger Daniel Losquadro (R) in the general election on November 2. Alessi conceded after the count of absentee ballots put him 906 votes behind. In addition to running on the Democratic ticket, Alessi was also listed as a candidate of the Independence Party of New York State, and Working Families Party.
|New York State Assembly, District 1 2010|
|Daniel Losquadro (R)||23,860|
|Marc Alessi (D)||22,943|
On November 4, 2008, Marc Alessi won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 1, defeating opponent James M. Staudenraus (R).
Alessi raised $168,287 for his campaign while Staudenraus raised $24,592.
|New York State Assembly, District 1 2008|
|Marc Alessi (D)||81,062|
|James Staudenraus (R)||24,095|
- New York Assembly - Rep. Marc Alessi
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Alessi
- 2008 contributions to Marc Alessi
- New York Times, "NY state legislative election results," accessed February 11, 2014
- Newsday.com, "http://www.newsday.com/long-island/nassau/alessi-concedes-assembly-race-defeat-to-losquadro-1.2493756," : November 24, 2010
- Follow the Money's report 2008 Campaign donations in New York
|New York Assembly - District 1
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |