was a 2012 Democratic
candidate for District 5
of the California State Assembly
Boyd's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Currently 850,000 rural residents live in a “state responsibility area” (SRA) that is within the authority of Cal Fire. 90% of those residents live in a fire district that provides the initial response to structure fires and other emergencies."
- Excerpt: "In May 2011, the United States Supreme Court ordered California to reduce its prison population by 30,000 in two years. Governor Brown weighed his options and decided to go to the counties for help. Californians should be very concerned about the need for counties to decide who to release early in order to make room for more serious offenders."
- Excerpt: "As Governor Jerry Brown said in his 2012 State of the Union address, “California is on the mend.” Over the past year, the Governor and the Democrats in the Legislature have made tremendous progress reducing the deficit."
- Excerpt: "One report I read says that the cost of a college education for someone born today could exceed $400,000. California has always been a place where if you work hard, stay in school, and graduate from high school, a college education will be available to you."
- California High Speed Rail
- Excerpt: "There are a lot of naysayers who want to put the brakes on High Speed Rail in California. I’m not one of them. I agree with Governor Brown that the California High Speed Rail Authority needs to “get its act together.”"
- See also: California State Assembly elections, 2012
Boyd ran in the 2012 election for California State Assembly District 5. He was eliminated in the blanket primary on June 5, 2012.
|California State Assembly, District 5 Blanket Primary, 2012
|| Tim Fitzgerald
|| Kevin Lancaster
|| Mark Belden
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Marc + Boyd + California + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Marc Boyd News Feed