|Idaho House of Representatives District 32A|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||6|
|Per diem||$122/day outside Boise, $49/day otherwise|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Utah State University|
|Profession||Owner, Gibbs Farms, Limited Liability Company|
- 1 Committee assignments
- 2 Issues
- 3 Elections
- 4 Campaign donors
- 5 Scorecards
- 6 Personal
- 7 Recent news
- 8 See also
- 9 External links
- 10 References
Gibbs earned his B.S. in Finance from Utah State University. His professional experience includes owning a farm.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Gibbs served on the following committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Resources and Conservation, Vice Chair|
|• Transportation and Defense|
|• Joint Finance-Appropriations|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Gibbs served on these committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Environment, Energy and Technology|
|• Resources and Conservation|
|• Revenue and Taxation|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Gibbs served on these committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Health and Welfare|
Gibbs' website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Our Local Economy
- Excerpt: "The local economy in District 32 is driven by the phosphate industry. We are blessed with huge phosphate ore reserves. I will continue to promote environmentally safe mining and production in our district."
- Our State Budget
- Excerpt: "We are fortunate in Idaho that the constitution requires that we pass a balanced budget. Because of this our credit rating remains strong and Idaho remains a great place to do business. I will continue to support Common Sense Solutions to the many challenges that face Idaho."
- Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt: "We must work to attract new business to locate in Idaho. This can be done by keeping corporate income and property taxes in check. Most importantly we must continue to keep the businesses that are here competitive so that they can continue to provide good well paying jobs."
- Improving Education
- Excerpt: "Education funding will remain a challenge because of the increasing demand for our tax dollars. I will continue to work with teachers, local administrators, and school boards to provide the flexibility needed so that most decisions can be made on a local level."
- Transportation in Idaho
- Excerpt: "Almost all of the goods we produce must be moved to be consumed. Governor Otter is correct to identify transportation as a major issue. The need is clear, however, the question remains as to how to fund the increased spending among all users."
Elections for the office of Idaho House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Alice Stevenson was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Marc Gibbs was unopposed in the Republican primary. Stevenson will face Gibbs in the general election.
Gibbs won re-election in the 2012 election for Idaho House of Representatives. Due to redistricting, he ran in District 32A. He was unopposed in the Republican primary and defeated Bob Fitzgerald (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 32A, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Marc Gibbs Incumbent||79.1%||15,328|
Gibbs won re-election to District Seat 31A in 2010 with no opposition. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on May 25th. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 31A (2010)|
|Marc Gibbs (R)||12,238||100.0%|
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 31A (2008)|
|Marc Gibbs (R)||15,474|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, a year in which Gibbs was up for re-election, he collected $8,900 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Idaho House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Marc Gibbs's campaign in 2010|
|Jr Simplot Co||$1,050|
|Idaho Farm Bureau||$750|
|The Regence Group||$750|
|Total Raised in 2010||$8,900|
In 2008, Gibbs raised $35,404.
Listed below are those who contributed the most to his campaign.
|Marcus J. Gibbs||$9,372|
|Idaho Republican Party||$1,000|
|Associated Logging Contractors Idaho||$1,000|
Idaho Freedom Index
The Idaho Freedom Foundation, an Idaho-based, nonprofit educational research institute, released its "Idaho Freedom Index" in 2013. The index intended to show how Idaho legislators voted on the principles the Foundation seeks to promote. It measured each state legislator based on two tiers, which include whether legislators voted for or against bills that would create or eliminate government agencies, programs, and regulations, and bills that would impact the free market in a positive or negative way. Scores ranged from the highest possible score for members of the state Senate (194 points) and for members of the state House (180 points). A higher score indicated that the legislator voted more in favor of the values supported by the Foundation. Gibbs received a score of -42 points in the 2013 index, ranking 57th out of 70 members of the Idaho House of Representatives that were evaluated for the study.
Gibbs and his wife, Bonne, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Marc + Gibbs + Idaho + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Idaho House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Idaho State Legislature
- Idaho state legislative districts
- Marc Gibbs' personal website
- Marc Gibbs' campaign website
- Idaho House of Representatives - Marc Gibbs
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008
- Marc Gibbs on Twitter
- Marc Gibbs, "Issues," accessed October 20, 2012
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Idaho Elected Officials," February 8, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 7, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "2012 primary election results," accessed May 15, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Primary Candidate List," accessed April 6, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State – Elections Division, "November 6, 2012 General Election Results," accessed December 27, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed April 16, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official 2008 General election results," accessed April 16, 2014
- Follow The Money, "2010 campaign contributions," accessed April 16, 2014
- 2008 contributors to Marc Gibbs
- Idaho Freedom Foundation, "2013 Freedom Index," accessed August 19, 2013
Janice McGeachin (R)
|Idaho House of Representatives District 32A
| Succeeded by|
|Idaho House of Representatives District 31A
| Succeeded by|
Neil Anderson (R)