|Michigan House of Representatives District 92|
|January 1. 2011-Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$10,800 yearly expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||3 terms|
|Bachelor's||Pennsylvania State University, 1967|
|Master's||University of Michigan, 1973|
|Profession||Co-Owner, Behavioral Health Associates|
Hovey-Wright is the owner of Marcia Hovey-Wright Counseling Service. She started the business in 1989, and serves as a social worker. She previously worked as a social worker for Holton Public Schools (1994-1996) and Orchard View School (1996-2004). She was also the Executive Director of Muskegon Area Planned Parenthood from 1980-1985.
Hovey-Wright graduated from Pennsylvania State University in 1967 with a Bachelor's degree in Social Work. She then earned two Master's Degrees, from the University of Michigan (Social Work) in 1973 and from the Aquinas College (Management) in 1989.
Hovey-Wright's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Create more jobs
- Excerpt:"I will work aggressively with the State and local economic programs to attract new job providers. We have wonderful, positive communities. We need to make sure that people know about us, visit us, and choose to live and work with us."
Improve racial justice and civil rights
- Excerpt:"We need to make the criminal justice system more just, improve outcomes in our schools and more effectively address the particular health issues of minorities."
Strengthen women’s rights and protect reproductive freedom
- Excerpt:"The attacks on women,the last 2 years, particularly in reproductive health care issues has been relentless. We have lost many gains won 30 years ago. Michigan must turn this trend around – let Michigan be a leader in electing more progressive women to public office."
Make public education the backbone of our democracy
- Excerpt:"We need to support our teachers, protect their retirement, find new ways to support education, and help failing schools, rather than punish them."
Provide affordable health care and drug coverage for all our citizens
- Excerpt:"Health care should be a right, not a priviledge. The high cost of healthcare in the U.S. contributes significantly to the cost of our products on the global market."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hovey-Wright served on the following committees:
|Michigan Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Families, Children, and Seniors, Vice-chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Hovey-Wright served on these committees:
|Michigan Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Health Policy|
Hovey-Wright won re-election in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 92. She defeated Willie Walton in the August 7 Democratic primary and defeated Travis Shepherd (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 92, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Marcia Hovey-Wright Incumbent||73.1%||24,211|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 92 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Marcia Hovey-Wright Incumbent||83.4%||4,903|
Hovey-Wright won election to the District 92 Seat in 2010. She defeated Steven Markel, Scott McNeill, Sean Mullally, Charles Nash, Scott Nesbit, David Takitaki, Willie Walton and Steve Warmington in the August 3 Democratic primary. He defeated John McNally (R) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 92 General election (2010)|
|Marcia Hovey-Wright (D)||13,102|
|John McNally (R)||7,486|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Hovey-Wright raised $66,613 in contributions. 
Her four largest contributors were:
|Hovey-Wright Marcia For State Representative||$6,804|
|Progressive Womens Alliance Of West Michigan||$2,100|
|Michigan Education Association||$2,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Marcia + Hovey-Wright + Michigan + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- National Women's Health Week gives focus to Michigan Legislature - Michigan Radio
- House Dems push emergency contraception, sex ed bills for 'Women's Health ... - MLive.com
- Why Muskegon State Rep. Marcia Hovey-Wright is among lawmakers for ... - MLive.com
- Dems pound pavement for women's health - Hometownlife.com
- Michigan marijuana decriminalization bill introduced with bipartisan backers - MLive.com
- Jessica Heeringa's alleged abduction prompts Michigan elected officials, law ... - MLive.com
- Michigan House OKs welfare benefits drug screening - The Macomb Daily
- Mich. lawmakers consider if some security measures should be required after ... - The Republic
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Tea Party Scorecard
The Independent Tea Party Patriots, a Michigan Tea Party group, grades the votes of this and every other Michigan legislator on “core tea party issues” in a regularly-updated scorecard. 100% is considered an ideal rating.
January 2011 - March 2012
Marcia Hovey-Wright received a 10% rating on the January 2011 - March 2012 Tea Party Scorecard.
Hovey-Wright and her husband Bill have two children.
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
Douglas Bennett (D)
|Michigan House of Representatives District 92
2011 – Present
| Succeeded by|