|Ohio House of Representatives District 52|
|2011 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Appointed||June 7, 2011|
|Appointed by||House Republican Caucus|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Ph.D.||University of Colorado|
Conditt earned her Ph.D. in Chemistry from the University of Colorado. She worked in professional and scientific relations for Procter & Gamble before retirement in 2006. Conditt served as a trustee for Liberty Township from 1998 to 2001.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Conditt served on the following committees:
|Ohio Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce, Labor, and Technology|
|• Public Utilities|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Conditt served on the following committees:
|Ohio Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Criminal Justice|
|• Local Government|
|• Judiciary and Ethics|
|• Public Utilities|
Conditt's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: " I am pro life and was born and raised on the principle that no human being should be considered the property of another. That is our heritage as Republicans, and it would be a fatal mistake to abandon that fundamental precept now."
Respect for the Constitution
- Excerpt: "I am committed to voice your concerns and stand up for our religious freedoms and right to bear arms and ensure we protect and respect our constitutional rights."
Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt: "To get back to the total employment at the start of the recession, Ohio needs to add another 300,000 jobs and I am committed to help reduce the red tape that has hindered economic growth and job creation in Ohio and promote the growth of small businesses as well as attract new businesses to Ohio as quickly as possible."
Elections for the office of Ohio House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 5, 2014. Cathina Hourani was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Margaret Conditt defeated Joseph Ebbing in the Republican primary. Conditt and Hourani will face off in the general election.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 52 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Margaret Conditt Incumbent||74.3%||7,411|
Conditt won election in the 2012 election for Ohio House, District 52. Conditt was unopposed in the March 6 Republican primary election and defeated Branden Rudie (D) and Robert Coogan (L) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 52, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Margaret Conditt Incumbent||66%||38,413|
Comprehensive donor information for Conditt is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Conditt raised a total of $124,008 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 4, 2013.
|Margaret Conditt's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Ohio State House, District 52||$124,008|
|Grand Total Raised||$124,008|
2012Conditt won re-election to the Ohio State House in 2012. During that election cycle, Conditt raised a total of $124,008.
|Ohio State House 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Margaret Conditt's campaign in 2012|
|Conditt, Margaret K.||$45,532|
|Buckeye Firearms Association||$3,231|
|Time Warner Cable||$3,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$124,008|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Margaret + Conditt + Ohio + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Ohio House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Ohio General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Ohio state legislative districts
- Profile from the Ohio House of Representatives
- Conditt's personal website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Cincinnati.com, "Retired chemist replaces Coley in House," June 7, 2011
- margyconditt.com, "Key Issues," accessed April 28, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Official primary election results for May 6, 2014," accessed July 3, 2014
- Ohio Chamber of Commerce, "2012 General Assembly Primary Candidates," January 17, 2012
- Ohio Secretary of State, "2012 Republican Primary Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "2012 Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Ohio official results for 2012 General Election," accessed June 10, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Conditt, Margaret," accessed June 4, 2013
|Ohio House of Representatives - District 52
| Succeeded by|
Bill Coley (R)
|Ohio House of Representatives - District 55
| Succeeded by|
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |